Tuesday, September 14, 2010

18 Years and Counting

So aside from my trip to the ER, this weekend's focus was NIKKI. My precious Tamara Nicole Hawkins. She's my oldest running buddy, dating back EIGHTEEN years. I think we can all agree it's a miracle to keep a friendship that long and yes, I feel oh-so blessed to have her in my life.

Quite frankly, I'm also really excited that I'm just head over heels for her soon-to-be-hubby, Justin! He's genuine, funny, God fearing, honorable... and downright quirky sometimes and I L O V E a little individuality. He was precious enough to involve me in the engagement a few months ago when he decided to pop the question in Houston. He staked out the location, planned the execution and I was there in camo with my camera on continuous shot to capture Nikki saying the most important "Yes" of her life. Ugh. I get goosebumps every time I think about it.





So November 14th, here we come. My dress is ordered (thank goodness she chose a pretty color for white girls), my shoes are purchased (perfect height and strappy-ness), and my Maid of Honor hat is ON. I've already started rough drafts for my toast so it'll rock the house... kind of like my dancing (please see Exhibit A of my signature MJ move below). What can I say? I like to be prepared. So it's no surprise that when I ended up in the emergency room at 2pm on Friday, my main focus was HOW IN THE HELL WILL THIS WEEKEND WORK?? And then..... like God whispering down on me, Dr. Devo said "here's some Darvocet and muscle relaxers. Have fun."

And thus, we executed Bachelorette Party Weekend 2010.

A day on the water, tubing and lounging, a lingerie shower at which we made her try on every piece of lingerie for us... Justin will NOT be disappointed... a game of twister with a tipsy bride, some celebratory fireworks, and .... the finale .... a soul train dance party.
















and a birthday brunch the next morning. What a way to turn 28. I love you, sister.

No comments: